#204 Show Notes
Co-Hosts: Matthew "wimchimp"
Time: Tuesday, Sept. 11th 6:00pm GMT
Host and Co-host specific notes are displayed like this
Free range segment where you talk about what mods/games you have been playing or just anything of interest.
- New youtube videos:
Podcast 17 News
Does not have to be described in detail. Just mentioning everything will be sufficient for the experimental format.
- New experimental format
- UPDATED Podcast 17's Sidecasts Website
- More content coming soon including a special news section for “The Potato” and possibly videos and shows created by YOU!
- Contact thelastlambda or [email protected] for details on how to get your own section on Sidecasts
- If you want your news/discussion to definately be seen, do not post topics as comments on rough agendas, instead use the “Suggest Discussion Topic”
- New & updated social media sites Facebook , Twitter, and Google+
- Check out our brand-new parody account The Potato
- Looking for people who want to be writers, Hosts/co-hosts, reviewers, video creators, content creators, coders, musician, and website developers
Follow-Up & Errata
From the Mouth of Valve
- Steam Greenlight gets some clarification and $100 entry fee
- Big Picture Mode is LIVE
- Valve working on VR Glasses
- CS:GO at the International 3?
- Invictus Gaming wins the 2012 Dota 2 International Championship
- New SFM Tutorial: Paricles
- EA tried to buy Valve
Releases and Updates
- 2 more days till Black Mesa Source is released
Make your own discussions (whatever you want, questions or broad topics [Such as Source 2]) You can have fun with it and make it your own
- Greenlight now has been updated to say, “Would you buy this game if it were available in Steam?” Do you think this is a way for them to kind of nicely put say, we do not want you posting F2P games and mods? If many F2P games and mods are added to steam, F2P games would need to meet the certain criteria that steam has about how the developer can make money through micro-transactions and DLC (No official word that there is but I assume that since the game has to operate on there framework, steam needs to know how transactions work) and mods basically just suck up bandwidth on their servers (as it provides no kickback of any kind through ads, DLC, subscriptions, or pay to play).
- An update to this questions, do you think the $100 fee is a good idea?
- Black mesa is finally releasing on the 14th, but with only up to lambda core chapter. This goes against everything that have said about the release of the mod for many years. Saying that the mod will be released all at once, not in separate parts.
- Discuss this/ William Rant, whatever comes first. -sbman/game ender
- Some free-to-play FPS shooter clone from Asia cloned Counter-Strike's dust2. Easy discussion topic: Is this okay with you? If it is, when will it stop being okay? What if the free-to-play shooter cloned some more of Counter-Strike's maps? What if it also cloned survival maps from L4D2 or even HL2:DM? -Zonbie
- "Why aren't more mods modifiable?" - Mods are about community, sharing and openness; yet why does Modding Culture hardly ever seem to allow mod Assets (art, code, sounds etc.) to be freely re-used by others? What can we do to improve this situation? - Henry Swanson
- SWTOR has gone free to play under both pressure and through necessity. Are month-by-month pay models feasible now a days? Under what circumstances do month-by-month models work? Why is EVE so popular, why is WOW so popular? Why do people pay monthly subscriptions - William
- Every time a big mod, such as Black Mesa Source, makes a misstep or does something the community doesn’t like, people always come to defend the constructive criticisms saying “Well it is a free mod... you should be thankful that they are doing that” I feel people miss the point of the criticism and then assume we have to be happy with the product we got from the team that is producing it. What if we don’t like the team or the outcome or the amount of time or x or y? Should we really just be happy and thankful it was a free mod? Feel free to sound off about this running comment. -Gerardo
Water Cooler Chat/Steam Greenlight Watchlist
Here is where you can just discuss anything you want that you feel will be engaging to the audience. Also talk about anything you found on greenlight that may be cool.
Post-Show Play Session
Get a chance to play a game with the cast and crew of P17. Join us in our mumble server (184.108.40.206:2812) to talk with us after the show. Feel free to come back during the week and talk/play with other community members.
Recording starts in…
USA & Canadian Times
- Los Angeles, PDT Tue 11:00am
- Denver, MDT Tue 12:00pm
- Chicago, CDT Tue 1:00pm
- New York, EDT Tue 2:00pm
- London, BST Tue 7:00pm
- Lisbon, WEST Tue 7:00pm
- Madrid, CEST Tue 8:00pm
- Athens, EEST Tue 9:00pm
- Perth, WST Wed 2:00am
- Darwin, CST Wed 3:30am
- Brisbane, EST Wed 4:00am